The primary purpose of this Privacy Notice (“Privacy Notice”) is to summarize the possible ways in which the owner of this Site, Broadband Near Me, (“BroadbandNearMe”, the “Site”, “We”. “Us”), collects, compiles, and manages information about you (“You”, “Your”). Please feel free to contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org, or by snail mail at Broadband Near Me. 299 South Main Street Salt Lake City, Utah 84111 with any questions, queries, or concerns pertaining to this Privacy Notice or the information We gather about You.
How We Collect Your Information
Information We collect
Below is a list of the different types of Customer Information that We may collect as You interact with Our services:
- Customer Contact Information: Your Customer Contact Information pertains to any information needed to contact You and process Your orders and requests such as Your name, phone number, address, fax number, and email address.
- Private Customer Information: Private Customer Information relates to such information that may be necessary to check credit and process payments. Such information may include Your social security number, credit card information as well as banking and wiring information.
- Customer Order Information: Customer Order Information includes information necessary to complete Your orders and requests for information. Such information may include Your customer contact information, packaging and programming selections, Your billing and shipping information, as well as other details pertaining to Your order of products and services through us.
- Demographics Information: Demographic information is publicly available information that We may learn about You regarding such matters as Your income, age, household size, homeownership, etc. that may help Us to provide You with better offers for products and services.
- Website Usage Information: Website Usage Information is information that We collect through anonymous third-party cookies, that informs Us about the way You use and navigate through Our websites.
Cookies We Use
Following cookies are used on Our Site:
- User-Input cookies: These cookies are used to keep track of a user’s input. For example, the completion of a multi-page form, or a shopping basket on an E-commerce platform
- Authentication cookies: These cookies are used to identify a user once they have successfully logged in to a website. Cookies that are used to “remember” a user to avoid the need to log in for future visits are not considered essential.
- User-centric security cookies: Cookies that are used to detect the number of failed logins to a service specifically requested by a user.
- Multimedia player session cookies: Cookies used to store technical information (for example network speed, quality, and buffering) required to play video or audio content requested by the user. This may also include Flash cookies.
- Load-balancing session cookies: Required to manage server load balancing.
- UI customization cookies: These cookies are used to remember preferences specifically set by a user (for example, language or display preferences set using a button or a tick box) and not linked to other data such as the user’s username.
- Social media content sharing cookies: Cookies used by social media plug-ins to identify users that are logged in to social media networks and those which are used to enable them to share content using that social media network. These cookies should only persist for as long as the user is logged in or until they exit their browser.
- Social plug-in tracking cookies: Cookies used to track the online activity of logged-in users of social networks (for the purposes of targeted advertising, or analytics, etc.).
- Third-party advertising: Cookies used for the purpose of third-party advertising (i.e advertising served by a domain outside the website in question).
- First-party analytics: First-party Analytics cookies (meaning, those used for Google Analytics) are not essential and therefore require consent.
Categories of Cookies that We Use
The cookies We use fall into the following broad categories:
- Strictly necessary cookies: constitute those cookies that are required for the necessary operation of this Website.
- Analytical/performance cookies: allow Us to identify and keep track of the number of visitors and view how visitors move around this Website when they are using it. This in turn helps us to improve the overall performance of the Site, by ensuring that users can easily locate what they are looking for.
- Functionality cookies:are used to recognize You when you revisit this Website. This primarily helps Us to personalize Our content for You, greet You by name and remember Your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region).
- Targeting cookies: record Your visits on this Website, the pages You have visited, and the links that You have followed. We may use this information to make the Website and the advertising displayed on it more relevant to Your interests. We may also share this information with third parties for the same purpose.
In addition to the cookies discussed above, We may also make use of “third-party” cookies for performance and functional purposes, to provide additional functionalities and/or to make it easier for You to share content on the Website. These are cookies that are pre-set by a third party when you access this Website and are also controlled by the same third party.
Accepting and Rejecting Cookies
Apps, Browser Extensions, and Other Platforms
Our Site contains links to other platforms, services, and applications that may be operated in part by third parties. We do not have any say or control over their privacy policies which may differ significantly from Ours. For example, information used or gathered in a browser extension that We have created may be used, shared, or collected in the regular operation of the browser service in ways that We would not. Broadband Near Me is not responsible for the content or the privacy policies and practices of any third-party services. We encourage You to read and familiarize yourself with such privacy policies of any such sites or service that you access.
To the extent of a browser app or an extension We create, collect, and use Customer Information and any other information, it is collected and used solely to the extent necessary to operate the extension or app. We likewise do not sell any Customer Information collected. The use of any Customer Information collected in a browser extension or app is detailed in “Use and Sharing of Customer Information” below.
If you desire to limit the data collection capability or the level of access to information by any browser extension or app operated by Us, You may uninstall and remove the app from Your device or uninstall and remove the extension from Your browser. If you wish to generally opt-out of data collection or data processing by Us, You may submit a data subject access request by following the procedure outlined below in “Opt-out and Data Subject Access Request Procedures.”
Children Under the Age of 16
Our services are not meant for children under the age of 16, and We do not intentionally collect personal information from children under the age of 16. If it comes to our knowledge that We have collected or received any personal information from a child under 16 years of age without verification of parental consent, we shall automatically delete such information. If You believe that We might be having any information from or about a child under 16, feel free to contact Us by initiating an email at email@example.com, or by writing to Broadband Near Me at 299 South Main Street Salt Lake City, Utah 84111, or by calling at 877-395-5851. We do not sell or indulge in the sale of personal information of consumers, including customers We know are younger than 16 years of age. California residents under 16 years of age may have additional rights relating to the collection and sale of their personal information. Please refer to “Your California Privacy Rights” for more information.
We have implemented a wide spectrum of encryption and security technologies & procedures to protect information stored in Our computer systems from unauthorized access. We also comply with procedural safeguards that restrict access to Your Personal Customer Information to Our employees (or people working on Our behalf and under confidentiality agreements) who may be required to know Your Customer Information to provide goods and services that You have requested.
Additional PCI Requirements as a Service Provider
We acknowledge and provide assurance to Our customers that We are responsible for the security of cardholder data that We possess or otherwise store, process, or transmit on behalf of Our customers, or to the extent that We can impact the security of such customer’s cardholder data environment.
How We may use Customer Information
We use Your Customer Information to process Your orders/requests and to provide You with all the information and services that You desire. In addition, We use information that We collect about You or that You provide to Us, including any Customer Information:
- To present Our services and, otherwise to carry out, evaluate, analyze, market, improve, and personalize Our services, which may include storing Your information and providing access to and sharing of such information with Our vendors, agents, affiliates, suppliers, advertisers, third-party service providers, and others.
- To operate any applications or browser extensions that We create, to maintain records of Your use of these applications or browser extensions, and to analyze and evaluate these applications or browser extensions to determine if We should develop and/or release additional applications or extensions.
- To contact You via email and otherwise about Our services, events, Your account, products, or services that may be relevant or of interest to You.
How We Share Your Customer Information
We may share Your Customer Information with third parties to conclude the process of Your purchase of products and services. The extent to which We may use and share Your Customer Information depends entirely upon the nature and purpose for which We may share such information. A summary as to how We share this Customer Information with third-parties is mentioned in the list below for Your preview. By using Our services, You agree that We may transfer Your Customer Information to other third parties in order to fulfill the purposes for which You had initially provided your Customer Information.
- With Third-Party Product and Service Providers: We share Customer Information, as and when required, with third parties who may provide products and services as per Your request. This includes sharing of information We collect with third parties who provide services that are necessary to support the operation of any applications or browser extensions that We may operate. We also frequently act as a third-party marketer and seller of various brand name products and services, and hence We provide such companies with the information that is necessary to carry out Your orders. How these companies may use Your Customer Information, once We have passed it on to them, is governed by their respective privacy policies and procedures.
- With Third-Party Advertisers:We do not sell or share Your Personal Customer Information with any third parties, except with Third-Party Product & Service providers discussed above. The ways in which such third parties may subsequently use Your Customer Information are governed by their own privacy policies and procedures.
- To prevent Fraud and Scams: We may share Your Customer Information with other third parties for the purpose of preventing frauds and scams.
- With Third-Party Cookies: . We allow third parties to collect anonymous information as and when You visit Our Site and to use such information to serve Ads for Our products or services when You visit other websites. These third parties may use anonymous information (e.g. navigational, non-personally identifiable information, browser type, click stream information, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over, etc.) during Your visits to Our Site to provide advertisements about Our goods and services that are likely to be of interest to You as a customer. These parties may use a cookie or a third-party web beacon, or any similar technologies, to collect this information.
- For Legal and Other Purposes: We may share Your Customer Information in order to:
- Comply with any subpoena, legal process, court order, including responding to any lawful government or regulatory requests.
- Enforce or apply Our Terms of Service.
- Necessarily protect Our rights and property or to prevent any harm or financial losses, or in connection with any investigations of suspected or actual “illegal” activities.
- New Ownership: We may share Your Customer Information with a buyer or a successor in the event of any merger, restructuring, divestiture, reorganization, dissolution, or a sale or transfer of some or all of Our assets.
Opt-out and Data Subject Access Request Procedures
You may opt-out of any further communications from Us and/or request access to or deletion of Your data with Us through the following processes:
- Email Promotions: To opt out from receiving any further email communications from Us regarding other offers and promotions, You may email Us at firstname.lastname@example.org or write to Broadband Near Me 299 South Main Street Salt Lake City, Utah 84111, or reach Us by call at 877-395-5851.
- Data Subject Access Request:. A data subject access request is an option that We make available for You to exercise Your data privacy rights. This includes a right to be informed of data that We store about You, Your rights to access such data, Your right to request a portable copy of this data, and Your right to delete such data. To submit a data subject access request, You may call us at 877-395-5851, email us at email@example.com, or write to Broadband Near Me 299 South Main Street Salt Lake City, Utah 84111. In each of the above-mentioned contact methods, in order to protect Your privacy and others, We might request that You verify Your identity. If You wish, You may authorize an agent to submit such a request on Your behalf. If We receive a request on Your behalf, We may ask them to submit or provide proof of Your consent for them to act on Your behalf. To designate an authorized agent, You must provide Your agent with signed permission to initiate such a request on Your behalf. If Your authorized agent is a business entity, then the authorized agent must be registered with the California Secretary of State to conduct business in California. We may deny a request from an unauthorized agent if such an agent cannot provide Us with signed permission from You demonstrating that the agent has been authorized by You to act on Your behalf.
Furthermore, before responding to a request from an authorized agent or Your representative, We will still require the authorized agent to provide Us with enough evidence or information so that We can verify Your identity. If the authorized agent is unable to provide such information, We may decline to process Your request.
California Privacy Rights
Please bear in mind that We will not discriminate against You for exercising Your rights under the CCPA. However, as noted below under “Right to Opt-Out”, if You exercise Your right to opt out, some of Our services may not function for You since the sharing of personal information may be critical to operations.
To exercise Your right to know or Your right to delete, please refer to the instructions listed above in “Opt-out and Data Subject Access Request Procedures.”
Right to Know
California residents have the right to request that We disclose certain information to You about Our collection, use, disclosure, and sale of Your personal information (the “right to know”). Once We receive Your request and verify Your identity, We will disclose to You:
- The categories of personal information We collected about You.
- The categories of sources for the personal information We collected about You.
- The business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling that personal information.
- The categories of third parties with whom we share that personal information.
- If We sold or disclosed Your personal information for a business purpose, two separate lists disclosing:
- sales, identifying the personal information categories that each category of recipient purchased; and
- disclosures for a business purpose, identifying the personal information categories that each category of recipient obtained.
You have the right to obtain a copy of the specific pieces of personal information We collected about You (also called a data portability request). Once We receive Your request and verify Your identity, We will provide You a copy of Your personal information that is responsive to Your request.
Right to Delete
California residents have the right to request that We delete any of Your personal information that We may have collected from You and retained, subject to certain exceptions. Once We receive Your request and confirm your identity, We will review the request to see if an exception applies that allows Us to retain some or all of Your information. If an exception applies, then We will provide You with information about that exception. We will delete or deidentify personal information not subject to one of the exceptions from Our records and will direct Our service providers to take similar action.
Right to Opt-Out
California residents have the right to opt-out of the sale of their personal information. However, please know that We do not sell any Customer Contact Information or Private Customer Information that We collect.
Disclosure of Right to Opt-Out under Nevada Law
Nevada residents who wish to exercise their sale opt-out rights under Nevada Revised Statutes Chapter 603A may submit a request to firstname.lastname@example.org. However, please note that We do not currently sell data triggering that statute’s opt-out requirements (which require the exchange of covered information for a monetary consideration).
If You are a Purchaser in Washington State
Washington State requires that sales or use tax be due on certain purchases. The seller may or may not collect and remit retail sales tax on a purchase. Washington State requires the purchaser to file a use tax return if retail sales tax is not assessed at the time of a taxable sale. If the seller to whom the purchaser is referred does not collect retail sales tax on a subsequent purchase, the seller may be required to provide information to the purchaser and the department about the potential sales or use tax liability.
This notice is provided under the requirements of L.2017 Section 205(3). For additional information regarding whether and how to remit sales or use tax consumers may visit the Washington State Department of Revenue website at https://dor.wa.gov/.
Residents of the EEA or Switzerland are entitled to specific rights under Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of the European Union on 27 April 2016 (the “General Data Protection Regulation” or “GDPR”). These rights include rights to:
- Access Your personal data as the term is defined by GDPR
- Request deletion of Your personal data
- Request correction of Your personal data
- Restrict the processing of Your personal data
- Object to processing of Your personal data
- Receive Your data in a portable manner
If You have any questions about the information We have about You, desire access to Your information that We have on file, believe information We have about You is inaccurate or incomplete, or wish to exercise any of Your rights regarding Your information, please follow the instructions for submitting a Data Subject Access Request located in “Opt-Out and Data Subject Access Request Procedures”. Additionally, You may opt-out of receiving further email communications from Us regarding other offers and promotions by visiting the webpage http://broadbandnearme.com/unsubscribe.
Please be aware that the information We collect through Our services may be transferred to and stored on servers in North America. By using the Site’s services, You acknowledge and give consent to the transfer and processing of Your personal information in the United States as described in this Privacy Notice. Please be aware that the data protection laws and regulations applicable to Your personal information transferred to the United States may be different from the laws in Your country of residence.
Changes to this Privacy Notice
We will update this Privacy Notice from time to time in order to reflect changes in Our business. If We change how We use Your Customer Information or the purposes or entities for and to which We disclose Customer Information, We will include such updates within Our Privacy Notice.